• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Black Friday wishlist

Let me say again: I personally like comfort and style and no one provides this the way Mercedes does.

Plus SLR>Nissan GT-R for example ;) But again lets not argue and ask questions like "do you know what XYZ is" ;)

GT-R recorded a faster lap time at Nurburgring.

Style and comfort is a subjective measure. And look at the costs of GT-R and SLR. GT-R is better in every spec and less than half the price.

Anyways, I need to put down my past automotive engineer in me and focus on pricing these berms.

after you drive a Mercedes in the snow, the fanaticism will go down the toilette.
I have and still behaves a lot better than my friends' cars. But I assume it depends on the particular model as well, tires etc etc :) Lets not continue and enjoy this:

And comfort is not really that subjective.

I have and still behaves a lot better than my friends' cars. But I assume it depends on the particular model as well, tires etc etc :) Lets not continue and enjoy this:

And comfort is not really that subjective.
ah... the magic of commercials :)

2012 Audi A8 W12 :)
2yvlb3k.jpg

Eh they are no fun now. But back before Dell bought the company and they were 5-7K a piece? That was awesome. People literally ran Nigerian scams around Alienware laptops.

What? LOL , do tell!

I have a friend with an Alineware beast that cost him 5K$ , I love the idea of 32GB laptop! :)
Although I have been spoiled by working on 512GB servers :)

Just to give you guys a heads up - last year Nintendo released (sold on Amazon) an exclusive "Black Friday" version of their DS console. It sold on eBay a day later for $50 a piece. Wish I had stocked up...

What? LOL , do tell!

I have a friend with an Alineware beast that cost him 5K$ , I love the idea of 32GB laptop! :)
Although I have been spoiled by working on 512GB servers :)
I'd rather not. It's a personal and embarrassing story - back when I was new to buying online (12 years or so ago). Dell probably bought Alienware just to as a defense against people complaining that Dell doesn't make any good computers. Lol.

Eh, two years ago (I think) Nintendo released a special "Black Friday" edition of their DS console (it was red with a picture of Mario on the front). I bought loads of them and resold them on eBay over the next few weeks for $25-$50 profit a piece.

Between the Galaxy Nexus and supercars, don't you guys fancy a nice set of steak knives?

Why buy steak knives when one can just go to either Del Frisco's or Smith & Wollensky? :)

I didn't buy anything, it's not a big thing at all here in Europe. Birthday is coming up though, so I guess I should send some people to grab some stuff FOR me :)

What's the Black Friday casualty list so far? I hear someone used pepper spray in LA but I haven't heard of any other casualties. I didn't buy anything either -- they're not going to elicit a Pavlovian response from me by decreasing the price of some superfluous gizmo by a few dollars. I'm still trying to understand the psychology -- it seems that for some perhaps it's a case not of saving a few dollars but the principle of saving a few dollars that's important (i.e., getting a "good deal"). For others perhaps it's the thrill of the chase. And for others still the dollars saved have real meaning.

Back