C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hey guys, looking forward to working with all of you!

Objective: Learn C++ for use in my professional career, and possible enrollment in an MFE program.
Programming Experience: MATLAB, a little bit of python and VBA.
Current Work: Mechanical Engineer
Intended Pace: Enough time to ensure that I fully understand all the material (hopefully not much longer than that!)

Hello, Guys.
Objective: Learn C++ to prepare for admission to MFE programs.
Programming experience: Some basic VBA,Matlab and C++ knowledge in undergrad.
Current work: Finished undergrad and applying for MFE program
Intended pace of program: As fast as I can...

Hello, this is Zhanhao
Objective: For admission to MFE programs.
Programming experience: Java and C++ knowledge in undergrad.
Current work: applying for MFE program
Intended pace of program: finish in 8 to 10 weeks

Hi guys! I am glad to join this online program. Hopefully, everyone gets what he/she wants!!
Objective: Master entry-level C++ experience for financial engineering and Acquire essential C++ programming skills for future MFE program or work
Programming experience: SAS and R
Current work: A undergraduate senior looking for job or the graduate school
Intended pace of program: 9-13 weeks

Hello all:

Looking forward to learning from everyone here.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs as well as use in everyday work

Programming experience: Matlab, VBA

Current work: Finance and risk management for an investment bank

Intended pace of program: Depending on work, would like to complete program by end of May (we'll see how this goes)

Hi All,

Objective: To learn C++ for preparation for MFE program.

Programming experience: None. Currently taking an intro-level Python programming course.

Current work: Trading Assistant

Intended pace of program: Complete within 16 weeks.

Objective: Review C++, prepare for MSFM program.

Programming experience: C++, MATLAB, VBA, STATA, BASIC

Current work: College senior double-majoring in applied math and economics. Attending University of Chicago in fall.

Intended Pace: Complete the program within 11 weeks.

Hey everyone! Just filled out my payment, going to be starting June 1st. Looking forward to working with you all!

Objective:
Learn C++, gain programming experience to prepare for grad school

Programming Experience: Very little, basic python and VBA

Current Work: Junior majoring in Math and Finance.

Intended Pace: Going to try and use the full 16 week layout. Will probably need the extra time due to lack of programming background!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program, Learn how to model with C++, Meet people in pursuit of similar objectives

Programming Experience: C++, C, SQL
Current Work: student
Intended Pace: ASAP

Hey everyone! I'm excited about starting the course on May 1st and joining the coomunity of C++ learners!

Objective:
Learn C++, gain programming experience to prepare for MSFE in Fall

Programming Experience: "NQC", basic Matlab and R

Current Work: Current Engineering graduate student. I will start the Financial Engineering program in the Fall.

Intended Pace: 8 to 12 weeks depending on current work and research

Hi everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ as it is part of the requirement for my admission into CMU MSCF
Programming Experience: VBA, SQL, SAS, and Java (many years ago in school)
Current Work: Currently working in a financial information provider that provides OTC derivative valuation
Intended Pace: Before the end of July

Hi everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ in order to have a solid foundation in programming techniques so that I can start writing my own apps in Objective-C and get into web programming as well. Although most would argue that I should go straight into learning PHP or Objective-C since I am interested in web development and mobile apps, I believe the challenging nature of this course will offer me transferable skills
Programming Experience: Some Intro to Java about 10 years ago
Current Work: Information Technology Assistant at the United Nations Headquarters in New York
Intended Pace: I plan on signing up after completing Levels 1 and 2. I intend on using all 16 weeks.

Hey guys, I am so pleased that I can work with all of you in next four mouths!

Objective: Learn C++ to improve my understanding and skills in Financial Engineering as well as prepare for applying an MFE program.
Programming Experience: C and Java.
Current Work: a student major in math
Intended Pace: Spend this Summer to finish this certificate as good as possible.

Objective: Learn c++ for MFE program and MSc CS!
Programming Experience: none
Current Work: student
Intended pace: To complete before starting my MSc CS/MFE around August

Back