• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Objective: Learn C++ for fun (and applying MFE ofc)
Programming Experience: Java, Excel VBA
Current Work: Junior Year Summer
Intended pace: hopefully done by Oct 2018

Hello everyone. My name is Peter and I just enrolled in this course. I am currently in my sophomore and going to study in Netherlands next semester as an exchange student.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: None.

Current work: Student in sophomore.

Intended pace of program: Undecided yet.

Hi Everyone,My name is Margaret and I just enrolled in this course. I am currently in my sophomore and I come from China.

Objective: To increase C++ skills, for MFE admissions and future career use.

Programming experience: Python, C language

Current work: student

Intended pace: Hopefully fast pace, beginning of Nov if possible

Hello all! Really excited to finally be taking this course. I've read so many wonderful reviews of it.

Objective: Learn C++ for future career use and for MFE/MSFM admissions.
Programming experience: Python, Java.
Current work: I work at a small hedge fund that specializes in trading US equity options, I wear various hats but I mainly work in a marketing capacity. I'm also currently pursuing a second undergraduate degree in mathematics.
Intended pace: Targeting a completion ~12 to 14 weeks.

Hello everyone! It's so nice to join this course in this bright Sunday morning( of course in China)! My name is Nick and I'll become a senior student of my university next semester.

Objective: Learn C++ skills for MFE program admissions and future career use.

Programming experience: C , Python, R; a little MATLAB and VBA

Current work: senior student in both Engineering and Finance, currently working in FICC apartment as summer intern

Intended pace: Beginning today and hopefully done by Oct.

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin and I just enrolled in this course! I'm from China, nice to meet all of you!
Objective: learn C++ comprehensively for MFE and future career prospect

Programming experience: Python, C language, Matlab

Current work: due senior student

Intended pace: beginning today, fast-paced

Hello, longgamma here from US. I work in equity financing space at an investment bank, so trying to build up quantitative skills and programming experience.

Objective: Learn C++ to find roles in equity derivatives trading desks

Programming Exp.: just Excel VBA for work and

Current Work: working in an investment bank

Intended pace: ASAP have a couple of relatively free weeks, aiming to use them up for this.

Objective: Have thought of learning C++ for a long time. Glad that I finally start:)

Programming experience: MATLAB, R and VBA

Current work: Strategist

Intended pace of program: Depends on how it goes. Currently work full time and don't want to rush on learning.

Hi all, I am a maths student from China.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs

Programming Exp.:C++, Python( Both entry level)

Current Work: internship

Intended pace: hope won't take too long

Hi all, this is my first day into this program. I'm very glad to join the community.

Objective: Learn C++ for current job and for my transition into a quant developer

Programming Exp.: MATLAB, R, VBA and some C#

Current Work: Financial Engineer at a rating agency in NYC

Intended pace: I wish to complete the course as soon as possible during this summer break.

Back