• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi guys,
I am so happy to take this course with you guys!!!
Objective: Learn C++ for MFE
Programming Experience: Python, C, C#, R, VBA
Intended Pace: Complete the course by September

Hi, everyone, my name is Shaoyi Guo. I have paid attention to this online course for a while, and I decided to take it seriously yesterday.
Objective: Prepare for MFE program, learn how to use C++ for data processing and modeling.
Programming Experience: a little experience in R language and Python. I learn these two languages when I do data cleaning work.
Current Work: Undergraduate student, Finance Major.
Intended Pace: Hopefully I can finish this course within 2 months.

Hi all, I am Zhongwen Hu from Beijing!
Looking forward to have this course with you guys!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: Python, MATLAB, R
Current Work: Undergraduate, senior majoring mathematics with a minor in finance
Intended Pace: ASAP

Hi all, I am Raj from Toronto!

Objective: To consolidate further interest in financial engineering!
Programming Experience: Python, R
Current Work: Undergraduate Senior majoring in Statistics, Mathematics and Actuarial Science.

Looking forward to it!

Hi all, I am Liang from New York.

Objective: Learn C++ for the MFE course
Programming Experience: VBA, Python
Current Work: FX and commodity trader
Intended Pace: Hopefully I can finish this course in one and a half month.

Looking forward to it!

Hi Guys, I am Nitin from New Delhi!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: Core Java, Oracle 11g, VBA, Python, R
Current Work: Quantitative Research Lead at an Analytics firm. Previously worked as a Quantitative Risk Analyst at a Bank and Consultant at Big 4.

Looking forward to it!

Hey everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ to further my career and improve existing processes at work (slow R code I hope to speed up with C++). I'm thinking of applying to masters in CS programs, I might apply to a few MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, R, SQL.

Current work: Data Scientist at the Fed in NY

Intended pace of program: I'd hope to complete in around 12-16 weeks. I'm also taking a graduate algorithms course at NYU, so hopefully it isn't too much to work and take two courses.

Hey everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ to further my career and improve existing processes at work (slow R code I hope to speed up with C++). I'm thinking of applying to masters in CS programs, I might apply to a few MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, R, SQL.

Current work: Data Scientist at the Fed in NY

Intended pace of program: I'd hope to complete in around 12-16 weeks. I'm also taking a graduate algorithms course at NYU, so hopefully it isn't too much to work and take two courses.
Out of interest, which algorithms are you doing?

Out of interest, which algorithms are you doing?
The course description is as follows:
Reviews a number of important algorithms, with emphasis on correctness and efficiency. The topics covered include solution of recurrence equations, sorting algorithms, selection, binary search trees and balanced-tree strategies, tree traversal, partitioning, graphs, spanning trees, shortest paths, connectivity, depth-first and breadth-first search, dynamic programming, and divide-and-conquer techniques.

Hi Everyone, I'm Haoyu Wang.

Objective: To prepare for my master program

Programming Experience: Python, Stata,C,C++

Current Work: An undergraduate student major in Applied Mathematics, and double major in economics

Objective: Learn C++ to get into an MFE program, Learn how to model with C++. Meeting like-minded individuals

Programming Experience: Java, C, C++
Current Work: Math - Computer Science Student at Columbia University
Intended Pace: Taking classes and doing mathematical research

Hi Everyone, I'm Haoyu Wang.

Objective: To prepare for my master program

Programming Experience: Python, Stata,C,C++

Current Work: An undergraduate student major in Applied Mathematics, and double major in economics
any chance you go to columbia?

Hi All,

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program or use this course as pre requisite for masters program
Programming Experience: Nill
Current Work: Electronics major, Ex- derivatives trader, recently summer school at LSE (Not working currently)
Intended Pace: complete it by october to include in my masters applications. I hope to enroll in MFE program in 2020

Back