• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to join this community!

Objective: Admission to MFE programs for Fall 2020

Programming experience: Using C for coursework, using Python for internship, using MATLAB for academic research as well as modeling competition.

Current work: Final-year Actuarial Science Undergrad. Currently doing an internship at a security company.

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by the end of October!

Hi all, zimo from Singapore here!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program

Programming Experience: Python, MATLAB, R, STATA, VBA, SQL
Current Work: Undergraduate, senior majoring mathematics (specialized in Business Analytics) with a minor in finance
Intended Pace: To complish by the mid of Oct if possible.

Cheers.

Hi Everyone, I am very excited to take this course.
some basic knowledge in SAS , SAS Macro , SQL
Currently working full time in Ops in one of the top 5 us Banks.
Looking forward to working in Model Validation.

Hello everyone! I'm very excited to join this community!

Objective: Admission to MFE programs for Fall 2020

Programming experience: Python, R, MATLAB

Current work: Senior student, majoring in Computational Mathematics while minoring in mathematical finance

Intended pace of program: Hopefully by the middle of November!

Objective: Learn C++ to apply for MFE program. Learn the application of C++ in FE. Make friends will potential future colleagues.

Programming Experience: Python/R/Stata
Current Work: Year 3 finance student at Chinese University of Hong Kong
Intended Pace: Complete it before 2020

Hi I am a finance undergraudate from Hong Kong. Have had a few programming experience with R, STATA and python, but not C++. Learning this course for application to graduate programmes as I am a senior now. Get hands dirty!

Hi I am a finance undergraudate from Hong Kong. Have had a few programming experience with R, STATA and python, but not C++. Learning this course for application to graduate programmes as I am a senior now. Get hands dirty!
Go for it. Good luck :cool:

Hi guys, looking forward to taking this class with you all!!

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE/Data Science
Programming Experience: Python, R,C++,C#,SQL,MATLAB,Jupyter Notebook
Current Work: Student at Zhejiang University(UnderGraduates)
Intended Pace: Keeping up with the suggested schedule

Nice! I'm from ZJU too. Long time ago lol.

Hi all! I look forward to take this course with everyone.

Objective: Refresher on C++ and learning for financial applications.

Programming experience: Some C++ in college as well as Python and VBA extensively for work.

Current work: Work in consulting

Intended pace of program: I will probably speed through the first few weeks and take my time with the later half.

Hi all! I look forward to take this course with everyone.

Objective: Refresher on C++ and learning for financial applications.

Programming experience: Some C++ in college as well as Python and VBA extensively for work.

Current work: Work in consulting

Intended pace of program: I will probably speed through the first few weeks and take my time with the later half.
Sounds good. A good hint is to focus on generic programming (templates), correct design and initial encounters with Monte Carlo and PDE applications.
Caveat: not too deep inheritance hierarchies, they become unmaintainanble super-fast.

Sounds good. A good hint is to focus on generic programming (templates), correct design and initial encounters with Monte Carlo and PDE applications.
Caveat: not too deep inheritance hierarchies, they become unmaintainanble super-fast.
Will try and keep that in mind and give more time to Monte Carlo and PDE. Thanks for the advice!

Back