• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello all! Just enrolled in the course last week and hope it's not too late to introduce myself.

Objective: To expand my programming toolkit to meet some firms' requirement on C++ proficiency

Programming experience: Proficient in Python and R, working knowledge of SQL

Current work: a Master student graduating this December

Intended pace of program: I hope I can complete the course as soon as possible. Would like to have it done before the end of this recruiting season :)

Hello all! Just enrolled in the course last week and hope it's not too late to introduce myself.

Objective: To expand my programming toolkit to meet some firms' requirement on C++ proficiency

Programming experience: Proficient in Python and R, working knowledge of SQL

Current work: a Master student graduating this December

Intended pace of program: I hope I can complete the course as soon as possible. Would like to have it done before the end of this recruiting season :)
Never too late to say hello :)

Hello! I just enrolled in this course today.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs

Programming experience: Basic in Python, MATLAB, Mathematica

Current work: a senior college student majored in Math

Intended pace of program: hope I can complete the course by the end of this year

Hi peeps! Hope you're all doing great, taking time to introduce myself, and hopefully, we'll all learn from each other in this exciting journey.

Background: Finance, MBA, completed all three levels of the CFA Program.

Objective: Learn C++ and this seems to be a very strict curriculum!
Programming: Python
Current Work: Risk Management Associate in a rotational program at TD (currently in Wealth-Credit & Market Risk)
Intended Pace: Nov/Dec but C++ seems a little less user friendly than Python :S

Really excited to start this, and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Alex

Hi peeps! Hope you're all doing great, taking time to introduce myself, and hopefully, we'll all learn from each other in this exciting journey.

Background: Finance, MBA, completed all three levels of the CFA Program.

Objective: Learn C++ and this seems to be a very strict curriculum!
Programming: Python
Current Work: Risk Management Associate in a rotational program at TD (currently in Wealth-Credit & Market Risk)
Intended Pace: Nov/Dec but C++ seems a little less user friendly than Python :S

Really excited to start this, and hope to hear from you guys soon!

Alex

Hi Alex,

I see you completed all 3 levels of the CFA. Any advice for a level 3 candidate?

Hi All,

Objective: To learn more about C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, C, R.

Current work: Final year major in financial mathematics.

Intended pace of program: Finish the course before December.

Hi all,

Looking forward to learning C++ with everyone! My background from undergrad is in Math and Data Science. I currently work in data analytics and am planning on starting to study for the CFA Level 1 after I finish this course.

Objective: To learn C++ for applications to my current role and admission into MFE programs
Programming experience: R, Matlab, SQL, SAS. I tried learning C++ on my own but stopped to study for the GRE this past summer.
Current work: Business and Technology Analyst
Intended pace:
Ideally I'd like to finish by the end of December.

-Nick

Hello, I'm a senior student from Fudan University, China. So glad to meet you, guys!
Objective: Learn C++ for MFE program
Programming Experience: Python, Java, (R: Master a little)
Current Work: Quantitative Trading Intern in an investment company from China
Intended Pace: will complete this C++ course, go to NUS as an exchange student and then obtain offers from top MFE master programs in US

Hi all! Fresh graduate in Applied Mathematics from an engineering school in France. Hope to get this certificate for MFE programs.

Objective: Admission for MFE programs
Programming experience: R, C, Java
Current work: Trading Support in an investment bank in Paris
Intended pace: By the end of November

I am glad to be back doing this course. I intended to do it a while ago and paid for it, but had some family emergency and couldn't do it.

Objective: To stand a better chance to be admitted into the MFE program.

Programming Exp.: R, Python, C#, C++, Java

Current Work: Working as an accountant.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course as early as the time permits.

Back