• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi, I am a student major in Finance and now applying for MFE programs. Baruch College is one of my dream schools and I hope this certificate will be of help for MFE programs :)

Objective: Honing my programming skills and admission for MFE programs

Programming experience: Python, C#, MATLAB, R, VBA

Current work: A senior student in Tongji Univerisity

Intended pace: As early as I can

Hope we can have a good time!

Objective: Learning C++ to meet C++ proficiency requirements for Jobs
Programming Experience: VBA, some R & Python
Current Work: Looking for opportunities, prior Market Risk Analyst at JPMorgan for Equities
Intended Pace: ASAP

Hi everyone,

finally decided to pursue this course in an effort to get traction at some quant focused jobs. Prior Market Risk Analyst at JPMorgan. Looking to learn C++ pertinent to the world of Finance.

Thanks,
Vivian

Hi, I'm a quant using python and now I do need some C++ knowledge😁 glad to know you all.

Objective: Learn C++ for Baruch MFE program
Programming Experience: Python, Matlab
Current Work: quant
Intended Pace: I hope to finish it as quickly as I can. 16 weeks is so......... long

Hi all, I'm a senior student from Nanjing University in China!
My major for undergrad is FE, now trying to apply for MFE Programs too like you guys, hopefully to meet you in 2020 or later!
Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE Programs and hope to find if it can inspire and excite me as a dream career usually does:ROFLMAO:
Programming Experience: C, R, Python, MATLAB
Current Work: senior major in Financial Engineering & seeking an intern for Quant recently
Intended Pace: this year/ as long as the application available😁

Hi everyone! I am an undergraduate majoring in computaitonal finance. Having been considering taking this course for a long time and now I am super excited to start finally!

Objective: Learn C++ systematically to prepare myself for MFE program and broaden my career path in quant finance

Programming experience: Python, R, VBA

Current work: Quant research intern at an investment bank

Intended pace: Finish by the end of this year

Hi All - Currently in risk management in Tokyo and looking to do an MFE in the states eventually hopefully.

Objective: Learn C++
Programming experience: R, VBA
Current work: Risk management
Intended pace: By end of January

Hi everyone, currently working as mid-office quant.

Objective: gain proficiency in C++ OO design and be able to develop/implement C++ based pricing/risk management engines for exotic rates products.
Programming experience: MATLAB, Python, Mathematica, VBA
Intended pace: make full use of 16 weeks, seeking help/guidance on extra-curriculum stuff, e.g. external C++ (quant finance) books, codes etc.

Hello everyone,

I am currently a Senior at Manhattan College studying Finance and Economics. I am taking this class to strengthen my programming skills so that I can apply to graduate schools and pursue a Master's in Financial Engineering. I feel that QuantNet's C++ programming course will give me the best opportunity to prepare well for applying and interviewing for MFE programs.

Back