• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi,

Excited to finally learning C++ rigorously.

Objective: Learn C++ to get a job as quant. Had an online assessment with Morgan Stanley and was completed blown away by the C++ part. Did terribly and had no idea what I was doing. Had another one with a hedge fund, asked about some basic C++ questions, felt sorry for wasting their time.

Programming experience: A lot of procedural programming experience with Python and Matlab. Some experience with C and C++ but nothing OOP.

Current work: 5th year PhD student at Yale, major in engineering (computational physics and engineering).

Intended pace of program: try to finish on time. Managing quant knowledge (probability, statistics, stochastic process, algorithm and DS, some finance basics, and of course, C++) learning is scary if you are doing research at the same time.

Intended pace of program: try to finish on time. Managing quant knowledge (probability, statistics, stochastic process, algorithm and DS, some finance basics, and of course, C++) learning is scary if you are doing research at the same time.

But this is not any old C++ course but the QN/Baruch C++ course and is exciting and not scary at all, especially with all the great support from the QN team 😁

Hi everyone!
I'm completely a tyro in this domain, so it's very glad to meet you all!

Objective: Learn C++ to be prepared for MFE program application
Programming experience: No experience before for the reason that my major is just Finance
Current work: Undergraduate
Intended pace of program: Start at 02/12/20, hoping that I can finish it within 2 months

Thanks.
Once decided, do my best!

Hello
I'm exciting to start this new course

Objective: learning C++ for financial engineering, being able to create financial Model
Programming Experience: a little bit python and R
Current Work: Business Analyst
Intended pace: maybe 14~16weeks

Hello to everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ in order to enhance my programming skills and get prepared for MFE program application
Programming experience: Python (ex. Junior Analyst at Moscow Exchange)
Current work: Undergraduate (Major in Corporate Finance); working in University laboratory, doing data analysis and machine learning
Intended pace of program: Start at 02/18/20, hoping that I can finish it within next 3 months

Thanks.
And good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone, so excited to meet you all!

Objective: boost my C++ programming skills to get better prepared for MFE program application

Programming Experience: a little bit python and C. Also taking a course in Matlab.

Current work: Junior year undergraduate

Intended pace of program: 12 weeks

Thanks.

Take my time, step by step.

Hello everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE program.

Programming experience: Python( by self-study and ml projects) , C/C++ (intro and data structure) , R ( stats hw)

Current work: senior student

Intended pace of program: hope I can get it done before June

Hello everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE program.

Programming experience: R, STATA, SQL

Current work: senior student

Intended pace of program: hope I can get it done as soon as possible

Hey everyone!

Objective: Learn C++ to break into quant world

Programming experience: R, STATA

Current work: Freshgrad

Intended pace of program: As soon as possible hopefully

Hi all!

Objective: Prepare for upcoming graduate coursework and interviews

Programming experience: Python, R

Current work: Recently left job - Incoming CMU MSCF student