• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2018 Applications

We get this information from what happened last year. Their website is not upto date with a lot of things. For eg, the submission deadline for MFE application is 5th Jan and 4th Jan at 2 different places, however, in reality there's no application deadline. I wouldn't rely much on the website information.

The interviews last year were over by about I think 16/18 Feb. This year it has been an extra week. Results were out starting 6th Mar last year (first round of results). First round this year could still be out next week.

I hope your decision notification prediction skills are not an indicative of your asset pricing skills :P. Assuming that the last observation of what happened last year (when they issued a decision) is the best predictor of when it will be issued this time around proved to be a very flawed line of thinking XD.

On a more serious note, hopefully we get the results today or some time this week. Good luck to everyone!

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I applied and got an interview invite for MSOR. Just wanted to check if MFE aspirants were interviewed via RIVS platform as well and that we can re-record our responses. Many thanks.

Yeap, same platform RIVS and also we could re-record it without limits. When did you get the invite by the way?

I hope your decision notification prediction skills are not an indicative of your asset pricing skills :P. Assuming that the last observation of what happened last year (when they issued a decision) is the best predictor of when it will be issued this time around proved to be a very flawed line of thinking XD.

On a more serious note, hopefully we get the results today or some time this week. Good luck to everyone!

Remember what happened with Princeton results? Most of the candidates on "QuantNet Forum" were rejected. Quantnet represents less than 10% of actual applications. What if the results of Columbia is already out, and only one guy among us got selected, as Columbia doesn't send rejections till later.

I am just joking btw, a speculation to come back to you on your reply ;)

Last edited:
March 16th is the deadline to accept the offer from some universities. Accept/Reject, whatever may be the outcome, it would be great if we get to know before that!

March 16th is the deadline to accept the offer from some universities. Accept/Reject, whatever may be the outcome, it would be great if we get to know before that!
Why don't you give them a call to find out? I don't have any offers, so I really don't care about the timings of the results.

Alright, I found out that another person had received an offer (through common friends).

Doesn't look promising anymore :(

Alright, I found out that another person had received an offer (through common friends).

Doesn't look promising anymore :(

Yeah, but then its really strange that only one person in this community would get an invite, given how many people in this forum got an offer from Columbia last year... I would say there is still hope :)

There are 100 slots available, and we know only 2 who have got it! There is still hope! Maybe results day today! :)

Please can I ask others to try and query friends to find out if others have received offers, who are not on quaQuant

A friend told me that she knew another girl from India who got an accept. So, admits are definitely being rolled out

Given, everyone who applied was interviewed I think it is reasonable to assume they would take some time to process the application

Given, everyone who applied was interviewed I think it is reasonable to assume they would take some time to process the application
I think that not everyone who applied got the interview. What we can do is to keep patient and wait.

Back