• View the 2024 QuantNet ranking of the Best UK Quant MSc Programs.

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

Hi,
I had my interview on Feb, 13 and got my admit few hours ago (mail+offer tab at the same time).
I will complete my bachelor degree by the end of the spring semester, so if there are other senior undergrads here, do you guys know if it is Ok to send a transcript without the grades of the final semester? On the website they say that the final transcript must be sent by April, 14, which is before the finals. (I prefer to ask that here before sending an e-mail, they certainly receive hundreds of questions now).
Thanks

i don't know if anyone here knows about the policies of Columbia well enough to give you a definitive answer. It would be better to just contact them.

Congrats to all the admitted!!! I guess I won't have such good news as my interview was on february 7th and still haven't received any offer. I thought I had worked very hard to build a strong profile, but I guess I failed :( Good luck to all!!

The fact that you interviewed means youre still in it. I think everyone who has interviewed stands a good chance because they reject very few people after the interview. So unless something went really wrong, you shouldnt worry much!

Congrats to all the admitted!!! I guess I won't have such good news as my interview was on february 7th and still haven't received any offer. I thought I had worked very hard to build a strong profile, but I guess I failed :( Good luck to all!!
I had my interview on Feb 6 and got in yesterday

Guys do you know if we have an orientation? It says it has already ended in January...

If you are talking about the orientation day on January, 17 (on the check-list),I think It was for the spring semester. And so for the final transcript submission deadline (if I understood correctly). good luck.

I had my interview last Saturday, and I answered No to the question tab
The fact that you interviewed means youre still in it. I think everyone who has interviewed stands a good chance because they reject very few people after the interview. So unless something went really wrong, you shouldnt worry much!

How do you know the don't reject many? Do you know how many got interviewed?
I had mine Feb 15th and still haven't been noticed of anything, but the interviewer did tell me that I shouldn't worry unless I don't get anything by the first week of March. The interview went very smoothly and lasted around 10min, very generic questions and some chit chat.

I had my interview last Saturday, and I answered No to the question tab

How do you know the don't reject many? Do you know how many got interviewed?
I had mine Feb 15th and still haven't been noticed of anything, but the interviewer did tell me that I shouldn't worry unless I don't get anything by the first week of March. The interview went very smoothly and lasted around 10min, very generic questions and some chit chat.

No i do not know the specific numbers. It's not possible to know what goes on behind the doors of the admission room at Columbia with certainty but i did talk to a few current students and they said the same thing.

No i do not know the specific numbers. It's not possible to know what goes on behind the doors of the admission room at Columbia with certainty but i did talk to a few current students and they said the same thing.

I have quite the opposite experience actually. I was told that there are around 200-250 candidates who are being interviewed and the final class size is 70. So it's actually a 1:3 chance that you're in. Maybe your friends were talking about getting admitted to Columbia, as the OR size is quite huge, and there's a better chance there.

I declined the offer since it's $100k(!) compared to better funding and smaller tuition costs at other programs.

actually i asked this question and the interviewee told me that the admission rate for those got interviews is roughly 50%

@Joseph SUN . No problem I'll let you know. But I think that the deadline on April 15, is for the spring semester so it should not be a problem for us . I'll give you a definitive answer ASAP .

Still waiting for the final decision. Interview at 14th, have not heared any news in 10 days.

Back