• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Options Primer Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone,

You may call me Marvin. I have a background in math and stat, and is pursuing a career in quantitative finance. Now I am in my gap year after graduating from University and might choose to pursue a Master's degree in Financial Engineering. The most attractive aspect of this course is its emphasize on quant job interviews. Also, I really think 'intuition' (as mentioned in the course name) is the key to master a concept and use it freely.

Hope we could share a great learning experience :)

Hi, Marvin,

welcome! Enjoy our course!

Rados

Hi,

My name is Omar Twahir. I am recent graduate of math and economics from Florida International University and will be applying to quant masters programs in fall 2020 and this course would help a lot. I also wanted to take this class to get a great understanding on options from experts on the field, just like I did with the C++ courses here on quantnet.

Greetings from Chicago,

A special thank you to those at Baruch who have provided the material and to the TA's who will be available for tutorship. Looking forward to the coursework and hope to continue through the rest of certifications that QuantNet has available to those seeking to gain the competitive edge.

Best,
Patrick V. Campobasso-Jarvis

Patrick - welcome to the course and I fully expect you will find it enlightening and practical. Good luck, Dan

Hello Rados, Everyone

My name is Saran Reddy. I am from Mumbai, India. I will be starting MS in Quantitative and Computational Finance in August 2020. I have an experience of over 3 years in Finance, but not in Quant. I am taking this course together with the C++ for Financial Engineering course so that I can refresh and strengthen my knowledge.

Looking forward to learn more.

Hello all,

My name is Kwame Okrah. I am currently a statistician in the biotech industry (5 years). I have been trading options for a couple of years (nothing too complex). My hope is to build on my intuition on how options work. I look forward to interacting with you all.

Cheers!

Hello, Kwame,

welcome! Enjoy our course!

Rados

Hello Dan, Rados and my fellow students.
I'm Yingying. It is nice to study this course with you all. I have a background in Finmath. I plan to apply for the MFE this year. I am interested in Financial Engineering and hope to get the useful and practical knowledge about this area. I think the interview questions are also very attractive to me for job seeking in the future.
Nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone!

I'm Xiaosu from New York City ! Currently a Machine Learning Engineer in tech field! I studied Finance and Math in my undergraduate, and Business Analytics in my master program at Columbia. Although being away from the finance industry for a few years, I still have interests in quantitative finance - it is always so much fun. :)

Happy to grab a coffee if you are in NYC too! Feel free to chat with me about machine learning, job hunting, climbing, and pets!

Hello everyone,

My name is Richard Cosma and I am a Mathematics/Economics major at the University of California, San Diego. I am very excited to take this course and increase my knowledge of options and look forward to making it the best experience possible! I plan on taking the rest of the courses offered by QuantNet so I am very excited to see how this learning experience will be! I am currently working very hard to finish my degree and I have also taken an internship in the wealth management business. However, I plan on continuing my education and hopefully pursuing a Masters in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, or Quantitative Finance. My hopes are to become a Quant Trader so I am always looking to increase my technical knowledge both in finance and programming. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime! I would love to get to know my classmates more personally! Hope everyone has a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Cosma

Hello,

I am Zehao Yang. I am an incoming NYU Courant MSMF student this year. I am very excited to take this course and increase my knowledge of options, preparing for the entry level positions interviews in quant finance as well as the study in NYU. Hope I could finish this by the beginning of the fall semester.

Best regards,
Zehao

Last edited:
Hi all, my undergrad was in electrical engineering and I really enjoyed the math, but those skills are perishable. I've studied finance topics in an MBA as well. I now work at a small asset manager, alongside our traders, and want to join the front office team.

Hi all, my undergrad was in electrical engineering and I really enjoyed the math, but those skills are perishable. I've studied finance topics in an MBA as well. I now work at a small asset manager, alongside our traders, and want to join the front office team.
Dear Roch,

Welcome to our course!

Best,

Rados

Hi, all

This is Jie and I am currently pursuing my master's degree at UCLA, I study Quantitative Economics there and I wish to work in the Quant field later. I am eager to learn knowledge of financial derivatives in this course. Happy to see you all and though I live in LA I often go to NYC and wish to see you and have a coffee chat there!

I also plan to apply for the Baruch MFE in the Fall of 2024. If you have any suggestions, I very much hope you can contact me here or via my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jie-hou-538182190/

Best,
Jie

Back