• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin Princeton MFin Math Assessment

Hi, Can anyone who had the experience please tell me what topics were covered in the math assessment? I am preparing for the 7th Jan math accessment

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone else received the Alumni Interview email and what that meant?
Hi, Can you share with me what topics were covered in the math assessment? I really need your help, I cam clueless for what to be prepared. Thanks

Hi, Can you share with me what topics were covered in the math assessment? I really need your help, I cam clueless for what to be prepared. Thanks
Can you also tell me what topics do we need to prepare for the assessment. Currently I am just revising the same topics i did for my GRE maths

Has anyone received the invite for the math assessment as of now?

Thanks

Lol I'm 1 year in the industry and studied the topics in the Baruch QBA and Columbia MFE prereq self-assessment for about 3 weeks and feel good about only 6/9 🤦‍♂️
What are the 3 questions you didn’t feel good about

It looked like some questions were supposed to be straightforward but they looked difficult

Anyone managed to answer the question on Stochastic Calculus and the one on Matrix (linear Algebra) ?
yep i was able to crack that stochastic Calculus question. bit tricky though they presented limiys of integral in the negative x axis.

the matrix one was easy to solve but i think i messed up my calculation.

Was the sequences question wrong by any chance? I think they messed up the pattern in between. I still solved it assuming what the pattern should have been

Was the sequences question wrong by any chance? I think they messed up the pattern in between. I still solved it assuming what the pattern should have been
wait I don't really see it - it was asking for a sum though? I could've misunderstood.

wait I don't really see it - it was asking for a sum though? I could've misunderstood.
Right it was asking for the sum but if I recall correctly the terms shifted from n/(3^(n-1)) to n /(3^n) midway through the sequence.

Back