• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Hi, NYU Tandon MSFE Admissions Team - I have a question regarding the release of admissions decisions for the Fall 2024 applications in the priority cycle. I've noticed that some individuals have already received either acceptances or rejections. When can I expect to receive the admissions decisions?

Hi, NYU Tandon MSFE Admissions Team - I have a question regarding the release of admissions decisions for the Fall 2024 applications in the priority cycle. I've noticed that some individuals have already received either acceptances or rejections. When can I expect to receive the admissions decisions?
Hello #10 (football fans will understand)!!
We are working on this every day -- each application dossier is examined in detail. We have now sent decisions to just over 300 of the roughly 800 priority applicants. We expect another 100+ decisions to be sent out early next week.
It is our goal to process at least 100 each week -- this means that we should be done with the priority applications about the 20th of February. Please note that some of these prospective students will hear that they are waitlisted. This means that we need to see the applications coming to us in February before we make a decision.

We are working on this every day -- each application dossier is examined in detail. We have now sent decisions to just over 300 of the roughly 800 priority applicants. We expect another 100+ decisions to be sent out early next week.
It is our goal to process at least 100 each week -- this means that we should be done with the priority applications about the 20th of February. Please note that some of these prospective students will hear that they are waitlisted. This means that we need to see the applications coming to us in February before we make a decision.
😊 Thank you for the quick response!

Hi, NYU MS FE Admissions Team,
For priority cycle students who are waitlisted will the status change or will it be "Awaiting Decision"?

Last edited:
This is a question for our Graduate Admissions department -- the people on this thread are profs in the FRE Department. We in FRE don't have a direct interface to applicants. We send our decisions to Grad Admissions and they communicate with you. We profs are not able to see the communications and status changes that Grad Admissions shows to you. Sorry that I can't answer more deeply.

This is a question for our Graduate Admissions department -- the people on this thread are profs in the FRE Department. We in FRE don't have a direct interface to applicants. We send our decisions to Grad Admissions and they communicate with you. We profs are not able to see the communications and status changes that Grad Admissions shows to you. Sorry that I can't answer more deeply.
No issues.
Thanks for the clarification!

My application checklist disappeared and I can only see the uploaded materials now.
Anyone else?

Hopefully some decisions are pending for you guys. Best of luck.
Let us know when you have an update and share it on our Tracker too since it's very actively watched.
Got this reply from NYU -
Regarding the matter with the checklist the system has updated your application, and you will receive an updated in the next days.

Got this reply from NYU -
Regarding the matter with the checklist the system has updated your application, and you will receive an updated in the next days.
Result should come up soon for you. If you have your cases on the Tracker, be sure to update and let us know how it goes. Same with other programs you are applying.

Back