• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Hi NYU Tandon MFE,

I applied on the priority date, and have been waiting for a decision. If I become into the waitlist, then will I be notified that from you?

Hi Team,
I've submitted my application for NYU MS FE in the first round. Two friends of mine who submitted on the same day already got their decisions several weeks ago, but I still haven't heard anything. Is there an approximate date of when the decisions will be released for the rest of the people in the first round? Thank you!

the "awaiting decision" banner disappeared from my application status portal. Is anyone else facing this? Any idea what it means?

Hey typically what is the clearance rate for the people that got waitlisted? And after how many days can we expect a confirmation or rejection?

I have seen a lot of offers from NYU Tandon MFE. I submitted my application on Nov 26th but still have not received any updates. For this program specifically, does the chance of admission lower with time? Or is it because they haven't got to my application yet?

Also, I submitted my GRE score through ETS, but still the application portal says awaiting GRE score report. Is anyone else in the same situation?

I got rejected :(

missed the priority deadline and I guess my application wasn't strong enough for the regular one.
May I ask when you receive the official email about the update on your application?

I submitted my application a few days before the priority deadline on December 1st, but still haven't heard back. So I'm really confused, because apparently you received an update before me even though you missed the priority deadline. Does this mean I'm rejected? PS: Also I think they might not have looked at my video essay, because Youtube says 0 views???

May I ask when you receive the official email about the update on your application?

I submitted my application a few days before the priority deadline on December 1st, but still haven't heard back. So I'm really confused, because apparently you received an update before me even though you missed the priority deadline. Does this mean I'm rejected? PS: Also I think they might not have looked at my video essay, because Youtube says 0 views???
I honestly have no idea how the admission system in the US works anymore. I've seen multiple universities give decisions for people who applied after me and the vice versa is true as well.

I received the email about 2 hours after posting my original question.

It's almost impossible to predict what they do at this point lol

I just received an email about my application still under review and will receive a decision by the end of March.

Does anyone know if this means a rejection? It is strange that people who applied after the priority deadline have received decisions but I have not.

I just received an email about my application still under review and will receive a decision by the end of March.

Does anyone know if this means a rejection? It is strange that people who applied after the priority deadline have received decisions but I have not.
Got the same email.

Does anyone know if the next batch will be in March or will NYU continue to release decisions on a rolling basis?

Can someone confirm if this means that I am waitlisted?

If you were waitlisted, they would have sent an update saying you were put on a waitlist.
Seems odd though as I had applied before the priority deadline and a lot of people who submitted their applications much later have gotten their offers/rejections. I also emailed them but no reply.

Back