• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone, I am Jahaan Rawat. I graduated from the University of Toronto in Mathematics, Computer Science, and Economics.
Objective: Develop a deeper understanding of C++ for Financial Engineering and prepare for MFE programs in the future
Programming Experience: Python (Expert), Java (Intermediate), R (Intermediate), C# (Intermediate), Solidity (Intermediate), C++ (Basics), SQL (Basics)
Work experiences: Machine Learning Engineer (past internship), Quantitative developer for my start up (Current)
Intended Pace: Finish in the given time frame.
C# and C++ are similar in many (but also different). C# generics are useful when you get to C++ templates.

This is Jie, and currently enrolled in MQE program at UCLA. I would like to be a quant researcher in the future and plan to apply an MFE next year.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs.

Programming experience: Python, SQL, C++.

Current work: The sad jobless student.

Intended pace of program: As soon as possible, I am committed to challenging myself to deeply understand a new subject. I believe gaining proficiency in C++ is essential. Alongside this, I also plan to develop my mathematical skills for quantitative analysis.:X3::thumbsup::X3:

Hello everyone !! Happy to join you all here !!

My name is Miguel and I am taking this course to getting started into the Financial Engineering world.

Objective: To learn the C++ skills and use cases applied in Financial Engineering.​
Programming experience: C, C++, C#, Assembler, Python, Java, Pascal.​
Current work: IT & Smart Technologies Solutions Architect​
Intended pace of program: Aiming to complete the course as soon as possible, maybe 8 weeks (?) ...​

Thank you and hope to see you around !! :):thumbsup:

Hello everyone, I am very happy to join this community.

My name is Shitian Lin and you can also call me Steve. I am taking this course to systematically learn C++ as well as to learn about some real-world applications in Finance.

Objective: To systematically learn C++ with an emphasis on the financial industry in order to prepare for entering this field.
Programming experience:
Python, C, C++.
Current work: Incoming Master's Student
Intended pace of program: Aiming to complete the course as soon as possible, by 8/1/2023.

Thank you so much and I am very excited about learning from you guys!

Hello everyone! This is Terry Wang and I am so happy to join you all in this course!
Objective: Learning how C++ is used in financial engineering and set a foundation for future courses.
Programming experience: C++, Python, MATLAB
Current work: Junior student studying quantitative finance
Intended pace of programme: Finish before September this year when application for MFE programmes begin

Hi everyone! This is Yildiz Altin and I am excited to join you all in this course!
Objective: Learning how C++ is used in financial engineering and set a foundation for future courses.
Programming experience: Python, R and R-studio, Mathematica, Excel
Current work: Treasury Advisory Analyst at Deluxe
Intended pace of programme: Finish before the application for MFE program

Hi everyone! I am Mateo and I graduated from Oregon State University with a BS in CS.
Objective: Refresh/go deeper on C++ knowledge and learn applications for finance to prepare for quant dev interviews and a potential MFE.
Programming Experience: C, C++, Javascript, compete w/ Python, some assembly, C#
Current Work: Full Stack Software Engineer @ Fortune 500
Intended Pace: 12 weeks

Hey everyone, I am Jason, and happy to join the course. I first learned about the course through browsing on Quantnet and research on LinkedIn
Objective: Learn C++ systematically in preparation for grad coursework. Coming from a more traditional econ and finance undergrad and wanting to gain more confidence and experience in coding
Programming experience: Python, Excel/VBA, Stata, used MATLAB a couple of times
Current work: Incoming Financial Math student
Intended pace of program: Aiming to complete before school starts in September, but will adapt and see how my learning pace goes

Last edited:
Hello all,

I'm Ryan, excited to learn C++ to help bolster my programming skills.

Objective: Learn C++ with a focus on its applications to finance
Programming Experience: Python and SQL Server
Current Work: Analyst for a family office in the multifamily real estate space
Intended Pace: Complete within the given 16-week time frame

Hey everyone, I am Min-Hsueh Chiang and you can just call me Johnny. I am very excited and happy to join the course. Hope I could learn a lot throughout the course.

Objective: Learn C++ gradually in a more systematic way which could not only help enhance my coding skills, but also the theory and algorithms in computer science.
Programming experience: Python, R, Excel/VBA.
Current work: Fresh Graduate
Intended pace of program: Aiming to learn C++ and have a more solid understanding of how it plays as a role in the financial engineering industry.

Hello everyone, I'm Candice and I'm excited to join this course.

Objective: expand my skillset

Programming experience: Python, Java, VBA, Matlab, R

Current work: risk quant

Intended pace of program: complete within the given time frame
How I discover the course:

Hello everyone, my name is Sasha

Objective: Seeking more structured thinking when programming. I have coded in Python and R before as a tool, but I miss on some of the good practices that professional coders utilize.
Programming experience: Python and R.
Current work: options
Intended pace of program: Ideally, to finish it in 10 weeks. But I have had no prior C++ background.
How I discover the course:

Back