• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi, I am a student from China and currently as a visiting student in UK.

Objective: Learn C++ for admission to MFE programs
Programming Exp.: C
Current Work: Junior Year Econ & Finance Student
Intended pace: as fast as possible during Easter holiday, since Trinity Term is coming

Hello, Everyone! My name is Scott Sidoli. Anyone else intending to enroll at CMU in the MSCF program? That's where I will find myself this fall.

Objective: Learn C++ for enrollment requirement at CMU
Programming Experience: Two Years. Self-study in Java, Haskell, and Python. Some academic experience with MATLAB, R, and Minitab.
Current Work: University Lecturer
Pace: ASAP

Hey Scott! This is Fei, we met on the campus visit the other day! Glad to find you here too!

Programming Experience: Two-year R undergrad courses. Self-study Python on Coursera (three courses) last year.
Current Work: Macroeconomic research

Hey Scott! This is Fei, we met on the campus visit the other day! Glad to find you here too!

Programming Experience: Two-year R undergrad courses. Self-study Python on Coursera (three courses) last year.
Current Work: Macroeconomic research
Fei! Excellent to hear from you! You've decided on CMU then?

Hello everyone!
My name is Pan Lijun from Beijing and it's good to be here.
Objective: Learn this course to meet the prerequisite of MFE.
Programming Experience: Two-sem python and a little bit R.
Current Work: Senior student, major in math and double major in economics
Intended Pace: My plan is one week per level. So I will work hard for next 10 weeks!

Last edited:
Back