• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello everyone! My name is Matthew.

Objective: Learn C++ with an emphasis on application.
Programming Experience: Learned Java so long ago that I might as well be a complete rookie.
Current Work: Just finished my first year of my undergrad, majoring in Physics and intending to major in applied math as well.
Intended Pace: Finish by the fall quarter after the school year starts.

Good evening all! My new is Marco and thrilled to finally get started.

Objective: Establish a solid C++ basis to be prepared for any future challenges coming my way
Programming Experience: junior level C# knowledge
Current Work: Working for quite some years with QRM (ALM Framework) within a Major Bank
Intended Pace: Expecting to be done at my birthday somewhere mid November

Hi everyone. I am Juhyung Kang. I am excited to learn C++.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE programs and get a job in a quantitative field
Programming Experience: Python and R
Current Work: undergraduate student(business administration and statistics)
Intended Pace: 3 months (from September to November)

Hello everyone! My name is Matthew.

Objective: Learn C++ with an emphasis on application.
Programming Experience: Learned Java so long ago that I might as well be a complete rookie.
Current Work: Just finished my first year of my undergrad, majoring in Physics and intending to major in applied math as well.
Intended Pace: Finish by the fall quarter after the school year starts.
Good evening all! My new is Marco and thrilled to finally get started.

Objective: Establish a solid C++ basis to be prepared for any future challenges coming my way
Programming Experience: junior level C# knowledge
Current Work: Working for quite some years with QRM (ALM Framework) within a Major Bank
Intended Pace: Expecting to be done at my birthday somewhere mid November

Sounds like a Dutch name!
I live in Koedijk 😀
That's exactly 10km from where i live. In that case I can print my homework and put this in your mailbox instead of using the 'Dropbox' ;)

Hello everyone - my name is Sebastian - I am excited to virtually meet you all and learn C++!

Objective: Learn C++ in order to improve my programming skills and gain admission to the MFE program

Programming Experience: Have taught myself python to an intermediate level over the past few months - had previously taught myself a bit of kdb/q at my previous job but my new one doesn't use it and so that's mostly been forgotten (but I miss the language)

Current Work: Trader at a hedge fund in NYC - was previously a trader at a bank before this

Intended Pace: My goal is to finish this before the end of the year so that I can apply it to my current work and take the advanced course

Hi everyone, here is Anna, glad to join you guys!

Objective: Learn how to develop trading strategies and do analysis related in C++ for both work and the MFE program.

Programming Experience: I use Python for automation in my day job, which is pretty about crypto trading/trading operations. Besides, I learned MATLAB in my previous grad school for asset pricing, only got primary-intermediary level tho.

Current Work: Crypto trading

Intended pace: Hopefully can get it done by January.

Like Reply

Hi everyone!
Here is Zhang Yue, or you could call me Catherine.

Objective: Learn C++ for the admission of MFE program and get into the quantitative field

Programming Experience: Python and SQL for automation in my previous daily work about data analysis, MATLAB for MCM in my undergraduate school

Current Work: Assistant fund manager for four years, resigned from an actively managed fund in China last year and going all out for the MFE program now

Intended pace: Hopefully can finish it in 6 weeks, but may be deferred due to a health problem of my parent

Hi everyone! I'll go under alias Marcus

Objective:
- Get fundamentals of programming right, and eventually transfer these learnings to other languages.
- Add another dimension to my profile when applying to MFE programs.
Programming experience:
- Python and R.
- Went through 'C++ for Beginners' - Schildt, and 'C++ Sams Teach Yourself' before signing up.
Current work: Student
Intended pace: Focusing on getting the fundamentals right -- understanding will be a priority over pace.

Back