• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 21

Last year also some results were called out quite late. I think those who applied late are yet to receive the result

Yep, I guess, because I got the "application under review" email, just the next day after the first batch of results were sent out. And after that, it has pretty much been silent.

I think it's highly possible that they have enough people deferred from last year and just need to accept a few this year, which they did already in February. For the rest, they might hold until June to in case anyone withdraw before the school starts. We might all just get an rejection letter in June? i guess. Doesn't it sound very Columbia ?
As logical as that sounds, I hope it’s not the truth.

Do you think it makes sense to call up the admissions committee? This is high time and its unfair to the applicants to keep them waiting for so long.
Do let us know about their response, and yes I totally agree with your POV.

Do let us know about their response, and yes I totally agree with your POV.
Well, they didn't pick up so I sent an email. Knowing how slow they are in responding, I am not sure when I will have any valuable information tbh. Because its March-end, most of us have to respond to other schools too and knot knowing about Columbia is a bit problematic.

I think this link might be useful for everyone who is waiting for MSFE (note, I am not one of them)

Although I do find it extremely odd that while the decision timeline is late feb, the status is still stuck at some decisions made.

I think this link might be useful for everyone who is waiting for MSFE (note, I am not one of them)

Although I do find it extremely odd that while the decision timeline is late feb, the status is still stuck at some decisions made.
Thanks!
From what I know, the latest batch was sent on February 18th, other people (including me) got an email about "Application under review" on the 19th. So I guess the everyone in the second batch is awaiting for their decisions.

Back