• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Options Primer Online Certificate Students' intro thread

dstefan

Baruch MFE Director
Please introduce yourself and purpose of taking the course. We look forward to you joining the course.

Hello Dan, Rados and my fellow students, I am Furong. I am currently an undergrad senior at University of California, Berkeley, studying Applied Mathematics and Statistics. My career goal is to become a desk quant. I am hoping to get a deeper understanding on options from this course. I am also looking for relative jobs that helps me to apply for MFE program latter. I look forward to having a productive learning experience here.

Welcome, Furong - it is nice to reply to the very first introduction post ;)

Hi Dan, Rados and everyone,

Thanks a lot for this well structured course forum.

My background is statistics. I'm looking for job right now. I picked this course up as I like the down-to-earth style of Dan's book and this course is called "intuition-based". I hope I can gain some intuitions on options through this course.

Hope we can have good time together for three months.

Hi Lynette, welcome and look forward to a productive experience taking the course. Ty for the nice words about the books.

Hi Dan, Rados and everyone,

I am going to study for my master degree in Financial Mathematics in September and would like to start my career in quantitative trading in the future. I took this course as I would like to learn the practical use of option theory and the intuition behind the quant job interviews. Also, I enjoy Dan's easy-to-understand explanations in his publications. Thus, I believe I could gain insights through this course.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome Alex, thank you for the nice words, enjoy the course. Dan

Hello, everyone

It is very nice to meet with you guys here. My name is Derrick Mo and I am joining this course from Toronto, Canada. I am currently working as a senior analyst at one of the mutual fund manufacturers in Canada covering investment products. While my background and experience are more qualitative in nature, my heart is now leaning toward more quantitative subjects and I am very intrigued by financial engineering discipline. Unlike most investment analysis that has no right or wrong but depends on which school you stand, mathematical solutions are so clean and elegant and really fascinated me. In short, my purpose of this course is not only to expand my knowledge in this subject but also to figure out whether I would really like to pursue this field further. Thanks to Quantnet bringing such wonderful program and I really forward to working with all of you this summer.

Best,

Derrick - welcome to the course, nice having you here. Good luck, Dan

Hi everyone,

My name is Ronnie, with a background from Mathematics and Finance. I am pursuing an MFE degree in the U.S.

When I first came across QuantNet’s email about Prof. Stefanica’s Options course, the “intuition-based” feature caught my attention. I enroll in this course with two goals in mind: (1) brush up my memory on options; (2) try to truly understand options.

Hope everyone can become better after taking this course.

Happy learning.

Hi Dan,

I am Yuxuan Ren, a first year graduate students majoring in operations research at Georgia Tech. I am so into stochastic calculus and my ultimate goal is to become a quant researcher specialized in pricing. I find myself inexperienced in interviews, especially in answering brain teasers. I hope to refresh my mind on quantitative finance and improve my interview skills from your beautiful lectures.

Best,
Yuxuan Ren

Hi Dan,

I am David, currently the graduate from Washington University in St. Louis. My graduate major is quantitative finance and my undergraduate major is financial mathematics. I am expected to graduate in Dec 2019, and it is always my wish to find a quant opportunity in NY. With this wish, I have finished both Python and C++ certificates for MFE Baruch, and also bought and learned every book available on the FE Pressing, since they are useful and will let me well prepared for interviews. I am pretty sure this course will serve a similar role during my career path in the future!

Hi Dan,

I am Yuxuan Ren, a first year graduate students majoring in operations research at Georgia Tech. I am so into stochastic calculus and my ultimate goal is to become a quant researcher specialized in pricing. I find myself inexperienced in interviews, especially in answering brain teasers. I hope to refresh my mind on quantitative finance and improve my interview skills from your beautiful lectures.

Best,
Yuxuan Ren

Dear Yuxuan,

welcome! Enjoy the course!

Rados

Hi Dan,

I am David, currently the graduate from Washington University in St. Louis. My graduate major is quantitative finance and my undergraduate major is financial mathematics. I am expected to graduate in Dec 2019, and it is always my wish to find a quant opportunity in NY. With this wish, I have finished both Python and C++ certificates for MFE Baruch, and also bought and learned every book available on the FE Pressing, since they are useful and will let me well prepared for interviews. I am pretty sure this course will serve a similar role during my career path in the future!

Dear David,

Rados

Hi,
I am Peter, an undergraduate currently in my senior year. I am very interested in financial engineering and thus looking forward to being enrolled in one of the MFE programs after I graduate. Though I'm not majored in relevant fields, I've been taking courses myself including QuantNet's online course of c++ programming. I had a very good experience during that course, so I decided to take this one as well.

Hello everybody,

My name is Yu Liao, with a background in FE and Quantitative Modeling. Currently, I am pursuing my Master's degree in the city.

My interest is in risk quant. Besides, I would love to learn more related to option pricing. Graduating in May 2020, I can expect this course will prepare me well for my job interviews.

Tons of thanks to those who are organizing and offering this course!

Best regards,

Hi,
I am Peter, an undergraduate currently in my senior year. I am very interested in financial engineering and thus looking forward to being enrolled in one of the MFE programs after I graduate. Though I'm not majored in relevant fields, I've been taking courses myself including QuantNet's online course of c++ programming. I had a very good experience during that course, so I decided to take this one as well.

Hi, Peter,

Rados

Hello everybody,

My name is Yu Liao, with a background in FE and Quantitative Modeling. Currently, I am pursuing my Master's degree in the city.

My interest is in risk quant. Besides, I would love to learn more related to option pricing. Graduating in May 2020, I can expect this course will prepare me well for my job interviews.

Tons of thanks to those who are organizing and offering this course!

Best regards,

Hi, Yu Liao,

Rados

Hello everyone,

You may call me Marvin. I have a background in math and stat, and is pursuing a career in quantitative finance. Now I am in my gap year after graduating from University and might choose to pursue a Master's degree in Financial Engineering. The most attractive aspect of this course is its emphasize on quant job interviews. Also, I really think 'intuition' (as mentioned in the course name) is the key to master a concept and use it freely.

Hope we could share a great learning experience :)

Back