• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Phone?!?!

Sanket Patel

i do stuff
Just out of pure curiosity..those of you with jobs...what type of phone do you use? Is Blackberry pretty much the standard? Any Palm users? Nokia? Or does it even really make that much of a difference?

I have a Curve and I've seen a lot of Blackberry users around. These are personal phones and people use anything from Rarz to PDA phone. There are also firm-provided phones but some people avoid it like a plague. The firm also has deals with different service providers that give discounts to their employees.
I saw a few phone stores around work that if you show ID from Bear, JPM, etc, you get 15% off your contract.
In short, people use whatever they want and Blackberry is popular because you have email access to your personal and work account.

I use the gmail app in Android. It works exactly like the gmail interface on the web.

AT&T has agreed to buy T-mobile for $39B. Get yourself ready, T-mobile subscribers
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2011/03/20/att-to-buy-t-mobile-usa-for-39-billion/
Waoow!!! After the telcos merger madness in the last 10-15 years, I am surprised about this one. It will be hard to pass the antitrust regulation. 3 major providers of cell-phone service makes it a definite oligopoly (Really bad in the long run when it comes to everything: prices, services, ...!!! You need more providers and not less.
My country has 2 providers and we are fighting to get the third one, and the size of the country is smaller than a small-medium size "county" in the US!!!

anyone saw the new kyocera eco? 2 touch screens ie a nintendo ds, but can extend apps to work on both screens like a mini-tablet. also allows for 1 apps each on the 2 screens, allows for a closer multi-tasking experience to the desktop/laptop.

AT&T bet a LOT of money that it would though. It has to pay how many billion out if it doesn't?

Back