• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hi, My name is Yifei. I am studying mathematics with management and finance in the UK.

Objective: To enrich my knowledge in coding.

Programming Experience: R, Latex.

Current Work: KCL undergraduate student

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course within 8 weeks

i everyone, My name is William and I am recent graduate with a Dual major in AMS/Mat with a minor in computer science

Objective: Earn a certificate in order to get into graduate school and improve my skills. I need as much certifications if I am to make it.

Programming Experience: Experience in Java, Python and R

Current Work: Unemployed

Intended pace: Try to finish by the end of this Summer.

Hello All,

Objective: Learn C++ and begin a new career
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: Income Technology Analyst for a Consulting firm
Intended Pace: Aggressive, as I would like to complete the course that follows prior to the end of the summer

Hello All,

Objective: Learn C++ and begin a new career
Programming Experience: None
Current Work: Income Technology Analyst for a Consulting firm
Intended Pace: Aggressive, as I would like to complete the course that follows prior to the end of the summer
Think of it as a 10,000 m race, not a sprint. Begin with the end in mind and work backwards to now.

Hi, I am an Eco and Stats student in UofT.

Objective: Prepare for applying FE program for the graduate school

Programming Exp.: STAT, SAS

Current Work: UofT undergraduate

Intended pace: Wish to finish the course before my school final exams

Hi all, my name is Sharon.

Objective: Learn C++ and well prepare for the incoming MFE program

Programming Experience: Python, R, Stata

Current Work: Incoming summer analyst at an investment bank

Intended Pace: try to complete by the end of summer

Hi, my name is Tendo.

Objective: Learn relevant C++ for admission of financial engineering job

Programming experience: VBA

Current work: Actuarial Analyst

Intended pace: Not sure so far but trying to acquire as much knowledge as I can

Hi, my name is Silva.

Objective: Learn C++, with relevant numerical analysis applications to Finance.

Programming experience: Some familiarity, but forgotten.

Current work: Accademia, mathematics.

Intended pace: Finish it over the summer. 2-3 months.

Hi, my name is Jay

Objective: Learn C++, with relevant numerical analysis applications to Finance. Prepare for MFE admissions

Programming experience: Matlab (Mainly just for solving ODE's numerically)

Current work: Chemical Engineering undergrad

Intended pace: By the time next school year starts

Hello, My name is Karan Dhir.

Objective: Learn C++ for Financial Engineering, would like to apply for MFE. Need to develop skills in C++ longterm goal is to do algo trading.

Programming experience: No programming experience as such as I was from a liberal arts college, will be the one asking most questions: sorry for that in advance.

Current work: Math, Econ Double Major Wesleyan University'19. Founded two startups: College Quest, Snack Cart

Intended pace: Within 2 months from now hopefully.

Hello, My name is Karan Dhir.

Objective: Learn C++ for Financial Engineering, would like to apply for MFE. Need to develop skills in C++ longterm goal is to do algo trading.

Programming experience: No programming experience as such as I was from a liberal arts college, will be the one asking most questions: sorry for that in advance.

Current work: Math, Econ Double Major Wesleyan University'19. Founded two startups: College Quest, Snack Cart

Intended pace: Within 2 months from now hopefully.
No problem! Lots of questions welcome :)

Hello everyone, my name is Charles Dotson.

Objective: To learn C++ for admission to MFE programs and to improve my skills and knowledge.

Programming experience: VBA

Current work: Undergraduate student at Hofstra University major in finance and minor in math.

Intended pace of program: Will be finishing my studies part time this coming fall and will be trying to finish the course around 3 months.

Hi everyone,

Objective: I started this journey way back in 2015 but ultimately pulled out of consideration for the various MFE programs I had applied to due to some life circumstances. No matter how much time passes, I can't stop thinking about this. So I am back with a vengeance and intend to use this course as the launching point to my career in computational finance.

Programming Exp.: Java

Current Work: Strategic finance and Master of Computer Science

Intended pace: I'd like to complete the course in 10 weeks from today.

Hi, my name is Thomas and I am 2.5 years removed from undergrad. Studied finance, but I am determined to make the transition to quant finance.

Objective: Learn C++ as a prerequisite for MFE applications

Programming Experience: Experience in R, Python, SAS

Current Work: Model Validation

Intended pace: Finish by the end of summer

Back