• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hello QuantNet Community, I am currently a Senior at an Engineering college from India. Looking forward to learning more about the C++ programming language and also explore its financial Applications.
Objective: I wish to learn this dynamic programming language to implement strategies and algorithms.
Programming Exp: Python and R from online courses and data science projects
Current work: Fundraising for an infrastructure finance company A senior student at an engineering college
Intended pace: I hope to complete this course within the next 2 months

Hello QuantNet Community, I am a rising senior at Emory University majoring in Quantitative Science and Economics. The reason why I chose to take this course was that I intend to apply to some top MFE programs for my graduate studies, and I also plan to work as a quantitative analyst in the finance industry.
Objective: To gain a deeper understanding of C++ and cultivate my coding mindset.
Programming Exp: Python, R, and stata from school courses.
Current work: A rising senior in Quantitative Science and Economics majors.
Intended pace: Hopefully 3 months.

Hi all, I am a finance student from China.

Objective: Learn C++ for MFE programs

Programming Exp.: C, Python and MATLAB

Current Work: Final year Financial Mathematics student and a part-time quantitative researcher intern.

Intended pace: Wish to complete the course before October.

Hey Everyone,

I'm currently a portfolio advisor and financial planner working for a large Registered Investment Advisor. Two years into this career and I'm hoping to develop more quantitative skills and pivot to institutional money management. I finished the first two levels of this course and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Background: 2 years of professional experience, undergraduate degree in Econometric Statistics and Financial Economics from UVA.

Programming experience: MATLAB (rusty), R (very rusty).

Intended pace: before the deadline :0

Hello everyone! I am a recent graduate from the University of Warwick in an integrated master's degree in mathematics and statistics. My aim from this course is to learn C++ in order to apply methodologies I have learnt in my degree and translate these ideas into code - in particular, some practical applications of the quantitative finance modules I had learnt in my fourth year. I intend to enhance my coding skills in C++ and python throughout the year as I apply for PhD programs with the intention of starting in autumn of 2022.

Hello everyone! I am a recent graduate from the University of Warwick in an integrated master's degree in mathematics and statistics. My aim from this course is to learn C++ in order to apply methodologies I have learnt in my degree and translate these ideas into code - in particular, some practical applications of the quantitative finance modules I had learnt in my fourth year. I intend to enhance my coding skills in C++ and python throughout the year as I apply for PhD programs with the intention of starting in autumn of 2022.
Welcome.
BTW did you have any exposure to C++ at Warwick?

Welcome.
BTW did you have any exposure to C++ at Warwick?
There is a programming for quantitative finance course in C++ that is offered exclusively for the MSc mathematical finance students but sadly not to any other integrated masters students in the mathematics or statistics department. I have only been exposed to the programming language R in some depth and some Python too so I hope to get a lot from this course in learning C++ 🙂!

There is a programming for quantitative finance course in C++ that is offered exclusively for the MSc mathematical finance students but sadly not to any other integrated masters students in the mathematics or statistics department. I have only been exposed to the programming language R in some depth and some Python too so I hope to get a lot from this course in learning C++ 🙂!
I'm sure you will learn a lot here.
Actually, I taught C++ to WBS finance students in 2019/early 2020.
Good luck.

//
R (and Matlab!) is too simplistic for maths people. It is more of a tool for MBA. C++ and maths are a more natural mix.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will learn a lot here.
Actually, I taught C++ to WBS finance students in 2019/early 2020.
Good luck.

//
R (and Matlab!) is too simplistic for maths people. It is more of a tool for MBA. C++ and maths are a more natural mix.
Interesting, had no idea you’d taught those courses!

Also, I agree I can already start to see the differences in difficulty from the week 1 materials!

Hello you all,
I am really excited to be here and start a C++ journey to further my academic and career path.
Objective: Learn C++ for the Baruch MFE Program, learn its application in systematic trading, and learn from people with diverse backgrounds!
Programming Experience: Basic python and VBA
Current Work: Senior Finance student at Tulane University and interned at a hedge fund this summer
Intended Pace: before 2022.

Objective: Learn C++ for graduate school and future employment
Programming Experience: None, but I'm up to the challenge
Current Work: Graduated in 2020 with a degree in Economics, ready for applying to graduate school and studying for CFA L1.
Intended pace: Finish by December

Hey guys! What's up! Lisa here from Canada. Pleased to meet you all :)

Objective:
Learn C++ for graduate school and future employment
Programming Experience: None, just beginning to learn Python on Coursera and C++ here
Current Work: Graduated in 2017 with a degree in Finance and Management, been working for four years, seeking a change
Intended pace: Finish by December

Hello all! Chopin from Wisconsin, my honor to join you guys into this wonderful course!

Objective: gear myself up with solid C++ knowledge for MFE application, shooting for distinction (90%+)
Programming Experience: with prior exposure to Python
Current Work: help my family out since they just fled to America for asylum
Intended pace: 1 month probably depends on my skills

Back