• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ Online Certificate Students' intro thread

Hey guys, Rebecce here:))
Objective: Learn C++ for finding internship/job in quantitative finance and get into MFE programs
Programming Experience: python(a little) and R
Current Work: undergraduate student from University of Sydney majoring in Business Analytics and Statistics
Intended Pace: finish the course before 2022.1.1, celebrate new year with my C++ certificate, and land an internship in Quantitative finance in January, 2022

Hi everyone,
I am really excited to start this course and undertake the journey of learning C++ with you all.
Objective: Learn C++ for admission into MFE programs
Programming Experience: Matlab (Basic), Java (Basic)
Current Work: 4th year undergraduate at Georgia Tech studying Mechanical Engineering
Intended Pace: Complete the course and learn the material before the start of my final semester in January.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Gary Rashed and I'm probably a bit different from the typical student here. I've been a software developer for 15 years now at various financial companies ( Bridgewater, Credit Suisse to name a few ). My primary language(s) are c#, t-sql and python. These are great languages and they have served me well, but I'm at the point in my career where I am looking to make a change. The aforementioned languages are great ( especially c# ), but as you move up and up in your career, you hit a point where you need to be able to write some low level software that can really perform. I've hit that point in my career, so here I am, finally ready to learn c++

Objective: To learn C++ effectively enough to write a full trading algo.
Programming Experience: c#, python, t-sql ( hey, writing sql is really important kids !!!! ).
Current Work: Working as a software developer at a hedge fund.
Intended Pace: Between putting the kids to bed and waking up for work, I hope to put in the time.

Hello everyone,
Objective: To learn C++ for a career in derivatives trading and to get admission in a top MFE program.

Programming experience: Python

Current work: Market Risk Quant

The intended pace of the program: I will be studying stochastic calculus along with this program for my next project on derivative pricing, so I intend to go as slow and in-depth as possible, ending the course by the beginning of March 2022.

Last edited:
Hi All,
Really looking forward to learn more about C++ in this course!

Objective: Learning C++ for quant development and explore the field of quant
Programming Experience: Python, R, MATLAB, STATA
Current Work: Economics student interested in exploring the field of quantitative finance
Intended Pace: Making good use of my winter break and trying to be a quick learner!

Hi all,
I am a student from the Netherlands and very excited about the course. I am graduating for the Master Econometrics this year and hope to learn C++ and its financial applications by taking this course.
Objective: Learning C++ to apply as a Financial Engineer
Programming Experience: Python, SQL, MATLAB, R, JavaScript, Vue, Java
Current Work: Data Analyst, Full stack developer
Intended pace: Planning to complete the course before March

Succes! Ik heb deze cursus ontwikkeld! De eerste C++ cursus ooit in NL was in Amsterdam 1990, georganiseerd door miijn bedrijf Datasim.
(Hotel Americain, Amsterdam)
CPPCourse.jpg

Last edited:
Back