• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE (Financial Engineering) 2023

Hey guys sorry, only seeing these messages now. I received an email saying i had an update on my status. logged in, and saw the decision.
Hey dude, congrats on getting in. May I know more about your profile if you don't mind?

Any idea if Columbia will still send any admits this week or all done last week ?

Only one Columbia MFE application has been updated with a decision on the tracker till now out of 10+ applications. I would like to think there are more admits to come.
Yeah me too but last year they released admits on only one day right and later they released a batch after 2 weeks. I guess after the deposit deadline was crossed.

Yeah me too but last year they released admits on only one day right and later they released a batch after 2 weeks. I guess after the deposit deadline was crossed.
Yes that’s right. The deposit deadline for NYU Tandon is 28 Feb right? If they follow last year’s trend then it will be difficult for people who have to reply before the deadline. Personally, my deadline for Courant is on 23 March, so I just hope I can receive a decision before then.

My application portal ("Application Status...") changed a few minutes ago.
The whole "your application has been moved to faculty..." thing is gone and instead I have invitations to admitted students webinars.

Good sign I guess, although for now there is nothing official and nothing that cleary states that I am admitted.

Edit : portal updated again, got admitted!
Best of luck to everyone, hope they will send more admissions during the week :)

Last edited:
The whole "your application has been moved to faculty..." thing is gone and instead I have invitations to admitted students webinars.

Good sign I guess, although for now there is nothing official and nothing that cleary states that I am admitted.
It should be an admit, congrats!

Not me refreshing my Columbia portal every day out of insanity...

I feel less and less enthusiastic about hearing back from these schools, now that it's been so long since the application deadline. Columbia has been my dream school since I was 15, but this waiting period feels like torture lol (btw this is all in jest, I know we're all toughing it out rn)

Are they releasing admits in batches or single admits per day, anyone got admit apart from 2 trackers😶

Edit : portal updated again, got admitted!
Best of luck to everyone, hope they will send more admissions during the week :)
Congrats! I got a similar message under my application status 'Your application has been moved to review with faculty'. Is that a good sign?

Back